- Jul 201520Application and registration
- Aug 201530Deadline for application and
- Sep 201515Confirmation of
- Nov 201523-26Workshop and Training
- Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences(IAP, CAS)
- Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research(APN)
- International Center for Climate and Environment Science(ICCES), CAS
- World Climate Research Programme(WCRP)
- Regional Integrated Multi-hazard Early warning System(RIMES)
- Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Study(MAIRS)
The Coordinated Regional Downscaling Experiment(CORDEX) is a World Climate Research Programme(WCRP) initiative to provide global coordination of regional climate downscaling for improved regional climate change adaptation and impact assessment. From 2013, Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research(APN) funded a 3-year ARCP project to support the CORDEX Asian activity in sub-regions of South Asia, Southeast Asia and East Asia. By this APN support and collaborating with regional partners as Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Study(MAIRS), Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology(IITM), International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development(ICIMOD), Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics(BMKG) and The National University of Malaysia(NUM), we had successfully organized “The 2nd WCRP/CORDEX Science and Training Workshop in South Asia” in Aug of 2013 in Kathmandu, Nepal; “The 1st WCRP/CORDEX Science and Training Workshop in Southeast Asia” in Nov. of 2014 in Citeko, Indonesia. Under these joint efforts, new CORDEX Southeast Asia group was established in 2012 by Southeast Asia Regional Climate Downscaling(SEACLID) group, new domain and phase II experiment of CORDEX East Asia was designed in 2014, and CORDEX Earth System Grid Federation (ESGF) Asia nodes were(are going to) built up in IITM(SA node), KMA(EA node) and NUM/Ramkhamhaeng University (SEA nodes).
Now, we are formally announcing the “The 4th WCRP CORDEX Science and Training Workshop in East Asia” will be held in 23-26 November 2015 in Beijing, China. This workshop will be jointly supported by APN, WCRP, Regional Integrated Multi-hazard Early warning System(RIMES), International Center for Climate and Environment sciences(ICCES) of Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IAP/CAS) and MAIRS.
CORDEX EA Orgnization Committee